Friday, October 29, 2010

Worries

With less than 24 days to go, you would think I would be over-joyed at the thought of finishing Chemo. I should be - however, it turns out I most likely am suffering from some variation of Post Traumatic Stress over this ordeal, so all logic goes out the window...

Anyhow, it's Friday night, all the doctors and clinics are closed, and both of my lovely children are in bed. I sat down to read a friends blog, only to find that one of the drugs injected into Alex's spine - INTO HIS BRAIN has been recalled for GLASS SHARDS in the solution.

Yes, I have the lot numbers, but that won't do me a bit of good between now and Monday morning, when EVERY parent of a Leukemia or Lymphoma patient will be calling the hospital to see if GLASS SHARDS were injected into their child's BRAIN. Even if we find that one of the vials in the recalled lots was used - what can we do? Just hope it doesn't lodge itself into his spinal column, and irritate the lining, causing motor problems - or worse? What would a glass shard do to blood vessels in the brain?!?! It's not like you can just change the fluid like at Jiffy Lube. Once it is in there, it's in there for good.

Here are a few links about the recall:


We go to the clinic on Wednesday to get check his blood counts. It may take that long to find out whether any of Alex's back pokes used this tainted Chemo.

If cancer wasn't enough to worry about...

I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no....
    Positive thoughts coming your way and fingers crossed....
    XXOO
    Grammie Gale

    ReplyDelete