Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Plan

We are working on a new plan. It looks like Alex will be admitted in two weeks. A lot of the delay is the donor's schedule. I respect the reasons why, and I am so grateful to have a 10 point perfect match. I am just worried about loosing her, if she gets otherwise committed.

Of course, there was *absolutely* NO sign of a runny nose at all today. None. Sometimes it just feels like we are spinning our wheels.

Now I have to figure out what to do with my two monkeys at home for two weeks. We aren't going anywhere, and are limiting exposure to friends to as little as we can, just so we can keep him healthy for admission.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that the transplant was delayed. I'm sure it has happened, but I can't imagine the donor backing out now. Who would want that on their karma account? I'm sure this will be an excruciatingly long two weeks, but you've already proven your mettle and you'll get through this, too. Enjoy the gift of the two extra weeks before the hospital vigil begins. I've been so impressed with you, Sara. You have strength. I read your blogs and wish I could give you more, like a contribution, but you seem to have deep reserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to hoping that the "new plan" is going to work out!!! So many people are with you every step of the way, in their many thoughts and prayers. And also, you are the topic of so many dinner-, lunch-, or breakfast-conversations -> your ears must be burning 24/7. We all care so deeply for your whole family and hope that the next two weeks are gonna work out fine! Please tell Alex I said hi. I hope you got my letters!
    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete