Friday, November 6, 2009

Home...

We are home.

Alex woke up yesterday morning and said "Mommy, I want to go back to Give Kids The World". My response? "Me too honey, me too...".

It was a magical trip, and a magical place. I will expand on our trip in a future blog post.

For now, Alex was seen at the clinic here in Portland, and his counts were not yet recovered (ANC = 650), so we are still off oral chemo until Tuesday, when his counts will be checked again.

We hope to return to a "normal" life and schedule next week.

But for now, we are basking in the afterglow of an AMAZING trip, and an experience none of us will soon forget.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home guys. I am glad you had an amazing trip and are very thankful it was a safe one.

    We are looking forward to hearing all the great adventures all of you had and definately can't wait to see the pics of the kids in their costumes.

    Love
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alex (and the rest of Alex's family),

    I was directed to this blog because I recently donated blood and got a "thank you" email from the American Red Cross. In it it had a picture of you and said how sick you had been and that many times you have had to get blood transfusions to help you.

    I wanted to send that thank you back to you my newest little friend. I have donated blood off and on for many years and always knew it would help someone, someway. It never really hit me until now how strong of an impact it could make on one so special as you.

    I believe in miracles and after reading a bit of your story I can see that you are living proof of one. You have inspired me to not only continue donating but to make sure that I donate as often as I can instead of simply when I find it convenient.

    I know you will touch many lives, you have already touched mine. I will be keeping my eye on your story and I will be praying for you and every one who loves you.

    God Bless!!
    Jolleen Washburn

    ReplyDelete