Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Clinic Update

We went to Clinic today, and Alex got his beloved "sleepy milk", and a dose of Methotrexate into his spinal fluid and brain. He also received his Vincristine through his Port, and we get to start the steroids tonight.

He still has a fever, and if it is still there at 6pm, we may need to go back to the ED for additional antibiotics.

His ANC was 6,500 today - the doctor (not our normal one) even asked me if I had missed doses of his Chemo. I said "absolutely not"! He said, "not even one?" - I guess I felt a bit insulted. This is my child, and we are making sure we give him his poison EVERY day. This is a fight for his life - not something Eric or I are quick to forget...

Anyway, the counts are "too high"...but that just may be from a possible infection (hence, the fever, with no other symptoms). So, we jump through another set of hurdles that cancer has put in our way.

Hey, if I stretch my neck out, and squint my eyes, I can just about see the light at the end of this obstacle course....

No comments:

Post a Comment