Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blog Blocked

It has been a while since I have posted anything. I think I was "blog blocked".

Whe have been very busy trying to fill Alex's last few weeks of freedom with as much fun and joy as we can before his transplant.

But, as I sit here in the hospital, watching life-saving blood slowly drip into Alex's veins, I find that I have a moment to slow down, and process what has been going on by typing it out for all of you.

The last few weeks have been good. Alex has been in good spirits, and his nausia has been under contol with the help of pharmacuiticals. I guess "good" is all relative at this point.

Alex and I missed his Grandfather's memorial because of low counts. We tried to make the best of the situation by camping out in the back yard. We had a good time, and some good friends cheered Alex up by camping in their own tent next with us.

We went to Settle on July 3rd to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday. Alex and Tessa played with their cousins for two days... it was great to see him so full of energy, and laughing.

Today, we are in the hospital for Chemo and his last poison to the brain. His red blood cells are low again, so they are giving him another transfusion before we leave for Legoland tomorrow.

The transfusion is just about done, so off I go... we hope for more uneventful events!

No comments:

Post a Comment