Friday, November 14, 2008

A few laughs, friends and family

ARGH!

I just finished a post, and I accidentally deleted it… so, here I go again.

After Alex’s procedure yesterday (which was completely successful), he came back to the room all “loopy” – and telling us that his female nurse Heidi looked like Han Solo (from Star Wars)– I tell you, we’ll take any laugh we can get right now…He was looking at a Star Wars book, and said “Maaaameeeeee…..it’s the Meeeeleeeniuuuum Faaaalcoooon” – he was so out of it – at least we know he’ll be a happy drunk!

A few hours later, his friend Connor and mommy Joelle came by for a visit – Alex and Connor had a great time – and it was great for Alex to have a “Connor Fix”. We went to the playroom, where they laughed and giggled, and I’m sure generally annoyed everyone else in the room – but Alex was happy – and so were we.

We also had a visit from our friend Erin, who brought by some wonderful handmade gifts from Alex’s friends – we taped them to the door today for all to see J

My mom and step father Bob also came by with Tessa-Lynn, so we could be a family of four again for a few hours – I miss our sweet Tessa, and can’t wait until we get to come home next week to give her some much deserved Mommy and Daddy time. She is under the great care of Mom and Bob right now, and we are so grateful that they are here to give her the love and attention she needs right now. We know that we will probably be missing her first real crawls – she is so close now – but Mom and Bob are taking pictures, and keeping us updated. We’ll see them tomorrow again – I can’t wait!

After everyone left, we had some quieter moments in the room, watching Scooby Doo movies, and trying to get Alex to take the Prednisone in a liquid form (not easy, and really nasty tasting). I know that Alex needs his strong will to get him through this process, but it sure does make getting medicine down his throat a challenge!

We didn’t get to sleep until about 10:30 (more medicine to take, vitals to check, etc), and Alex woke up a few times during the night for bathroom visits. With all the fluid going through his IV, the poor guy is in the bathroom every few hours at night. Eric took the bathroom shift last night, so I could get some sleep. We’ll take turns to try and keep both of us from complete exhaustion!

More in a little while – thanks for all the great comments – It warms our hearts to see how many people are cheering for him!

Love,

Sara, Eric, Alexander & Tessa-Lynn

4 comments:

  1. http://www.babytalkbio.com/community/index.php?topic=76023.0;topicseen

    Here's another prayer/thoguhts thread that I started with my "mom's group" online.

    It was great seeing Alex and you today. I wish Chandler would have been more engaging for Alex, but I know it's kind of scary. Hang in there, and I am just a phone call away!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know what's going on. I wish I could be there right now, but with finals week coming closer at Fresno State, I need to study. Give Alex a hug and a kiss for me!

    Cousin Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are blogging. I come from Melissa's mommy site. I was asking her if you had a page so I could keep track. I am so sorry your child is going through this. You guys are certainly in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and kisses to all of you. The Reed FAmily

    ReplyDelete