Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a good day - we all woke up in our own beds - and had successful medicine doses.

We had a clinic appointment at the hospital, just to make sure Alex was taking his medicine, and to change his PICC dressing (I have a feeling we will be doing that a lot until the Port (chest stint) is placed on Dec 16th). We used the red wagon to cart both Alex and Tessa-Lynn around the hospital. Everything went well, and we were back home within a couple of hours.

Then, Alex, Tessa-Lynn and I went to my Mom's house while Merry Maids did a "deep clean" of our house (thanks Mom!) After they were done, we came home, and ate a nice dinner prepared by our friend Taegen.

No big plans for today - just staying close to home...

Alex will be able to go back to school once he is off the steroids (so probably January) - I know he is already anxious to play with friends...

We expect that he will start to loose his hair next week. Eric, Alex's Grandpa Jim and Grandpa Pat will all be participating in "operation cue-ball" - and shaving their heads with Alex. (I'll be sure to get some pictures of that!)

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing it sure makes helps me get through the day. see you soon.
    Love Grammie Gale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are so thorough and give us all a thorough understanding of what is happening with little Alex. I realize that you receive a great deal of information from the professionals around you, but allow me to mention that while my mother received Chemo, she developed the mouth sores and they were called "thrush". Thrush is a yeast infection and her doctors prescribed tablets used by women as suppositories for yeast infection. She had to allow them to disolve in her mouth. It worked. It is also suggested that after taking a steroid, that the mouth be thoroughly rinsed with mouthwash to help diminish the resulting thrush. Sounds kind of crazy, but I just want to share anything that could be helpful to you.
    I hope you come up with a solution for the nasty tasting prednisone.
    I am sure little Alex was happy to be home. It's true that there's no place like home and he should be so much happier in his own surroundings.
    Thank you so much for the blog.
    You are in my thoughts.
    Ann Adair, former Martinez neighbor

    ReplyDelete