Friday, February 27, 2009

Doing the Parent Dance

So, last night, Eric stayed with Alex, and I went home to spend some time with Tessa-Lynn (who has a ugly cold - her nose is just a faucet!) - Then, this morning, my mom came back over to the house to watch Tessa, and I headed back up the hill. Tonight, Eric will head down the hill to be with Tessa, and I'll stay with Alex - we'll switch back and forth until Alex can come home.

This morning, I was downstairs with Tessa-Lynn, and she was looking all over for Alex - crawling into Alex's room, and poking her head in each room - it was sweet - and sad. Hopefully, the trips to the hospital will reduce over time, and she won't be affected by our absence...she's such a great little girl - i just hate missing a single day with her...but, it's the dance we must do!

2 comments:

  1. Sara...you know that I never know the right thing to say, but I just wanted to remind you that I'm right here, thinking about you and Alex every day. If there's anything I can do...anything at all...just let me know! Even if it's just to come over and hang out when you have Tessa-Lynn and Eric's at the hospital with Alex (I'm not scared of her runny nose, I promise)! :)

    much love & more hugs...
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin hit it right on the head; it is so difficult to know what to say. I think the feelings of just wanting to support you all and take any pain away can't be expressed in words.
    Just, please let us know if we can be of any help or support for you and the family.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete