Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's OK To Cry

Yesterday was not as bad as I thought it would be - for staying in a room the size of a one car garage at the hospital.

Alex giggled with Eric, carved virtual pumpkins on the computer, and watched WAY to much TV. At dinner time, Eric headed back to Give Kids The World to hang out with Tessa and the Grandparents, while I stayed here with Alex.

Everything was great - Alex ate a good bit of his dinner, and had some early Halloween candy for dessert.

Then, it was time for bed.

Alex tried so hard not to cry. His eyes were wet, and his face was red, and he could barely speak. He looked at me with such soulful eyes and said "We aren't going home?" I said "Not tonight honey - but hopefully tomorrow - we'll see what the doctors tell us in the morning".

He rolled away from me, and said "I just want to go home", and started crying. I felt so helpless. This is all so unfair - I'm so angry that my sweet boy is having to deal with this. He tries so hard to be brave.

A little earlier in the evening, Alex heard another little kid crying down the hall. He told me "Someone is crying. It's OK to cry. Sometimes, you just have to cry, and it's OK".

I reminded myself of that, as I turned off the lights, and listened to the sound of his tears, while trying to stop the flow of mine.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to Alex and you Sara for reminding ME that it is OK to cry as tears roll from my eyes. XXOOO

    ReplyDelete