Friday, July 10, 2009

Dear Tessa-Lynn

Hi Sweet Cheeks, I miss you.

I'm so sorry that we have been away from you as much as we have these last 8 months. For half of your sweet life, your big brother has had cancer. We are fighting so hard to get him healthy again. We want you to grow up with him in your life. In order to make that happen, we have a whole lot of doctors appointments we have to take him to. Sometimes, he needs to stay overnight in the hospital, and Mommy and Daddy may have to stay overnight with him. Your brother wants to be home with you and us. He misses playing with you when he is here at the hospital.

I'm so glad we have your Grandma Diana and Grandpa Bob close by to take care of you when we are taking care of your brother. They, along with all the rest of your huge family love you so much!

You are quite the amazing little girl, and I hate missing even one minute of your day. Your smile is infectious, and your strong personality and independent spirit are so much fun to witness.

We still have another 18 months before your brother's treatment is done. By that time, you will be twice as old as you are now - almost 3 years old.

I want the time to fly so fast, so we can be done with Alex's treatment, but I also want it to slow down so I can enjoy watching you evolve from an adorable toddler, into a wonderful little girl.

I want you to know, that even while our hearts are aching over your brothers battle with cancer, we are loving you dearly, and missing you deeply every time we are apart.

Loving you,

Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

  1. This probably means nothing, but I want you to know that the moments you might be missing with Tessa-lynn are good sacrifices. Yes, that sounds strange, but you four are a family and the battle is to become one that must be met; Alex would agree, conjur the enemy with the LIFE saver, and move forth to a better world. You can't tell that I have been inspired by Alex or Tessa, can you? hahaha
    I can't and will not morn the time needed for Alex. I know Tessa is growing stronger every day and doing the amazing things she does, but without the "whole" family I feel saddened. You and Eric are fantastic parents and both ALEX and TESSA will grow up knowing the amazing love they were given by their parents.

    Last drippy comment is...
    Eric and Sara, We love you for being the strong mother and father you are! I would love to take the pain away from your world, but I can not. However, I will be there to share the tears, victories, and most of all love that transpires through the next few years of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I know that you've never met me, although Eric has and may or may not remember. I live not too far away though, in Astoria, so hope to meet the family soon.

    Grammie Gale and I have been best friends since we were 10...and even if there are years between visits, we just pick up where we left off. So I almost feel like her family is my family.

    I have been watching the Battle from the moment that Gale pointed me to it. I was watching every day until recently...I hadn't had a chance to check it lately because I was ill with pneumonia and wasnt' around. I am SO sorry for the recent problems and have enlisted my Kiwanis Club to pray, or at least send good thoughts.

    And from me, although I'm not religious, please know that the best and strongest thoughts have been heading to Portland.

    ReplyDelete