Friday, July 10, 2009

Stuck in a Hospital Room

I woke up this morning in a hospital room with my son. My husband and daughter woke up at home without us.

CANCER SUCKS.

Alex received a blood transfusion last night in order to keep enough blood pumping through his veins to continue this battle.

GO TO HELL CANCER.

Alex's fever is low (99.6), but still too high to start the clock for us to go home (48 hours fever-free, and counts on the rise)

WE WILL FIGHT YOU CANCER.

The doctor's have told us we will be here until at least Sunday, robbing us of any chance to have a nice summer weekend as a family.

WE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE, CANCER.

Alex started to cry when I told him that I would go home to be with Tessa-Lynn tonight, and only Daddy would be here to sleep with him. He wants us both to be here with him.

HE IS STRONGER THAN YOU, CANCER.

Because of Alex's counts, fever, and cough, we are stuck in a room the size of a one car garage. There are only so many movies, books, and games to keep an active, smart 4 year old engaged. Boredom should begin in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...there it is!

ALEX WILL SURVIVE, AND OUR FAMILY WILL BE STRONGER IN SPITE OF YOU, CANCER.

I haven't heard yet what his counts are this morning - I'll post again when I know more.

CANCER SUCKS.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I can say, and with all my heart, I love you all!

    ReplyDelete