Thursday, July 9, 2009

Murphy's Law

I knew I shouldn't have written that last post. Whether it was Murphy's Law, superstition, bad luck, or coincidence, we are here at the Emergency Department, getting Alex admitted for a fever with neutropenia (ANC=100) tonight.

So, while cancer didn't invade our home life yesterday, it was waiting for the right moment to pounce, and rear it's ugly head.

The frustrating part is that Alex is in a relatively good mood, and doesn't seem as "sick" as he did last week.

It's 9:45pm, and the doctors are now trying to coordinate with the Oncologists to see what bed to put him in tonight.

Tomorrow is scheduled for Alex's last Chemo in this phase before he starts Maintenance - I think that they will continue with the Chemo if his fever isn't too bad - but I can't say for sure.

I would think that I would get used to these admissions, but I don't - riding in a wheelchair with my son in my arms to the place where this all began is the last thing I want to do. Alex isn't too happy about it either...

1 comment:

  1. The law is only used when it is sucky! How come it can't peer it's head when times are wonderful and beyound pleasant? Go away Murphy, Go away!

    ReplyDelete