Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Make-A-Wish Trip - Day 5

Friday, October 30, 2009

I woke up in the hospital, and started posting stuff online, to let everyone know we had derailed on Alex's trip. This is the first post: Make-A-Wish Trip & A Bump In The Road

A little while later, I talked to my mom, and she told me that Make-A-Wish and Give Kids the World were trying to extend our stay. Words cannot express how grateful I was that Alex would get to finish his Wish trip.

I notice I am using the word grateful a lot in these blog postings. I looked at the Thesaurus to see if I could mix it up a bit, but no other word really worked. Give Kids the World heard that Alex was in the hospital, and told *us* that we would be staying longer. It was not something we asked for - I couldn't imagine even asking, after all that they had done for us. So yes, grateful is the best word.

A few hours later, I got the call from Make-A-Wish that our flights were rescheduled, and our rental car extended. The tears were warm on my cheek, as I tried to thank these amazing organizations for their support of our family.

Here are a couple posts that I did that day:

Our nurses were dressed as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss' "The Cat In the Hat", complete with green/blue wigs. I think Alex was a little confused - they don't make nurses like that in Portland!

Next: Day 6 - A Six Hour Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment