Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nausea

Now that we are in the maintenance phase of Chemo, we know exactly what drugs he will be on for the next 18 months AND they are really messing with his whole GI tract. Eric and I just rushed downstairs 15 minutes ago because Alex was crying. When we walked into the room, the odor of vomit was so strong, Eric had to leave the room.

I guess we will just have to rely on good-old Zofran to combat the nausea for the next year and a half - there is no "getting use to this" - poor guy. My heart just breaks again and again with everything he is going through.

As I stroked his head while he was falling asleep in new PJ's and sheets, I told him "I'm so sorry honey". He said "It's alright mom, it's alright..." My strong boy is giving me comfort while he is going through so much.

I just love him so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment