Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Day Of School

Today was very emotional for me. Alex had his last day of school. His friends all said "see you in 1st grade, Alex!". My sweet boy was tired, and didn't leave my side for long periods of time. He is getting really tired from the chemo.

I just finished updating Alex's battle calendar to include all his medications and appointments for the next 57 days. After that, it is Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) time...

I haven't told him yet that he could miss the whole school year. My heart doesn't want to believe that he could miss the whole year, but my head is screaming at me to prepare both him and myself for the inevitable disappointment that the new school year will bring.


1 comment:

  1. I read all your updates and say a prayer for Alex daily <3

    ReplyDelete