Friday, June 3, 2011

No More Fungus Among Us

Two Ophthalmologist came by to check on Alex's eyes to see if there was any fungal growth hiding in his retinas.

Alex decided that drops in his eyes was where he was going to draw the line in the sand. He did NOT want to do it. No manner of pleading, asking, requesting, bribing, or reasoning with him would work. Eric and I had to hold him down while one of the doctors held open his eyes to put the dilating drops in.

After they left, Alex calmed down, and didn't want me to leave his side for a bit. This lack of control over what he can and cannot do to his own body just is so hard for him. None of this is OK - it all sucks...

The good news is that his eyesight was great! 20/20 vision, and no issues with his corneas or retinas!

So, unless the doctors decide to scan Alex's brain to check for fungus, we seem to be fungus free - although we will have anti-fungal medication for another few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, Eric, Alex and Tessa
    My heart is there with you. I wanted you to know.
    I think you are the toughest family I know, as you have LOTS of experience. You make all of my worries and woes disappear because Nothing Nothing I deal with day after day compares to the ordeals you have pushed through in just these few weeks. My hat is off to you, as I said so is my heart.
    I hope, hope, hope I get to see you all soon
    ~hugs, and love~ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had had enough. I bet his patience is running real thin and with the change in sleep habit and not eating as he is use to, a little bit on the "get away from me" side. Poor guy, I can not blame him one bit and I actually need to complement him on what he has tolerated in the last 2+ weeks.
    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete