Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Setback

Eric sent me this message last night, I thought I would just copy and paste it here:

******
The surgeon just came in. He said that the lung had started to collapse a little with the suction off. Not bad, but enough that they wanted to put him back on. He showed me the x-rays which is nice. I could see the line of the lung and how it was collapsed in a bout a half an inch. He showed me another one from yesterday morning when he was on suction and I could see the lung rounded out.

He said that they would get another x-ray tomorrow morning to make sure it went back to normal. He expects that with restarting late in the evening that it will not be ready to go off suction tomorrow (June 1st). So most likely they will try taking him off suction again on Thursday.

And at 11:45 he is still wide awake. He's tired an does not want to do any art or games, but is still awake!
******

We are waiting to go in the procedure room. It was scheduled for 9am, but we are talking "hospital time", so it will most likely be 10am. Thankfully, Alex is asleep, so going without food since last night isn't as big an issue right now.

What IS a big deal, is that he can't have his Oxycodon (since it is liquid, and the doctors ordered Nothing By Mouth). He is sore, in pain, and the Morphine isn't cutting it...

1 comment:

  1. Can I just give you all about a 10 second hug?

    ReplyDelete