Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Doh!

We got to the clinic today, and Alex was actually really excited about the "sleepy milk" that they give him right before a LP (aka Back Poke) - it makes him feel dizzy, and he likes it ---ummm...should I be concerned ? :-)

The nurse looked at me funny when I told her "we're ready for the back poke" - I'm then told that I'm mistaken - there is no back poke today - Doh! So, no reason to fast this morning - double Doh!

After inhaling some cheerios and saltine crackers, Alex let the doctors do an exam, access his PORT, give him his Zofran, Methotrexate, and Vincristine, and then de-access his PORT. We then ate lunch in the cafeteria (a treat for him - not sure why!), and came home, where he is napping.

I got the "good news" that the LP is his "next" appointment on 4/17 - the day before his birthday - maybe he'll think the "sleepy milk" is a present from the doctors...

No comments:

Post a Comment