Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet Hello & Chemo

I went to Salt Lake City with my mom to visit my sister over the weekend, and Eric stayed at home with the kids.

I just got back last night, and Alex was still awake. Receiving a "hello" hug, and getting to put him to bed was just joy for me.

This morning, Alex and I are fasting, since Alex has a "back poke" (lumbar puncture) at 9am this morning - and he can't eat anything until after the procedure. It's hard - our daughter is only 14 months old, and there is no way she can go until 8am with no food - so I have to feed her without reminding Alex that he's hungry. My mom will be here in about an hour, and then Tessa-Lynn can eat, and Alex and I will head up to the clinic.

Today, besides the LP, Alex is also getting two Chemo drugs through his PORT. The Vincristine makes his joints hurt, and the Methotrexate makes him nauseous. Tomorrow, we head back up to the clinic for the PEG shots in his thighs. I'm enjoying his energy this morning, and have to remember, that while he will be drained and feeling sick for the next week after the Chemo today, he rebounds fast - and our happy jolly Alex will be back before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment