Thursday, April 2, 2009

...It's A Long Story

When we ask Alex about his school day, instead of saying "I don't know" when we query about what he did that day, he says "It's a long story, Mom (or Dad)." I have no idea where that came from - but it brings a large smile to our faces. It's his unique way of saying "I don't want to talk about it".

I think it is great that it's a long story - it means he did a lot. Every moment that he has to "add" to that long story is precious.

I hope that when I am an old woman, he will sit beside my bed and tell me that long story - filling my head and heart with the stories of his long. long life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,
    I just read the NAFA newsletter and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry this has happened and I am so glad you have all this beautiful support. Your blog and the article are very inspiring and I admire your strength. You are an amazing mom and have a lovely family. Much love, Dominique Dallmayr (fellow breastfeeding adoptive mom)

    ReplyDelete