Monday, March 23, 2009

GI Tract

Poor Alex - the Chemo is really doing a number on his GI tract. I am doing a lot of laundry trying to keep up with the accidents he's having. He is also nauseous quite a bit - so we're giving him Zofran as often as we can to help alleviate the incidents of getting sick. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything we can give him for the other end...

He's quite the trooper, and even ventured out to his friend Erik's birthday party today (which was great!). To some that don't know him well, he may have seen perfectly fine - but to his mother's trained eye, I could tell he wasn't 100% - more like 75%...

Early bedtime tonight - he missed his nap. Since we are on "spring break" this week - he doesn't have school - so we will be finding fun things to do around the house (wish me luck!)

3 comments:

  1. I love his new picture!!!

    Poor guy. Will eating extra binding foods help at all??? I am sure it is always on his mind and for him to go out to a friends was a very brave act.

    Give him hugs and kisses for us.

    TTAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts. I'm proof-reading the NAFA newsletter for Shari and just learned of all you're going through.

    Debbie Dunham

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts. I'm proof-reading the NAFA newsletter for Shari and just learned of all that you're going through.

    Debbie Dunham

    ReplyDelete