Saturday, March 14, 2009

A week in review

This was a quiet week. Well, as quiet as a home with an almost 4 year old and one year old can be.

Alex has been in great spirits this week - he was able to go to school both Tuesday and Thursday. He has also been playing with his (Eric's) remote control Mustang out in the court with our neighbors. (We are going to get him a bigger, nicer Remote Control car for his 4th birthday)

I completely messed up Alex's doctors appointments this week, and we ended up having to reschedule his Chemo for this coming Monday and Tuesday - I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, but it just kills me! I completely got the days wrong - oh well, it is what it is, and the doctors assure me it's ok...

We attended another Leukemia & Lymphoma Society support group last Monday night. We actually met another mom who's daughter is also a patient of Alex's Pediatrician. She was diagnosed only one month earlier with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I also got to finally meet Lani in person, who actually works for Alex's Pediatrician's office. Her 4-year old son Eli also has cancer. You can visit her son's website at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/eliwalker . I met her originally when I called the advise nurse for Tessa-Lynn, and she answered. It really is a small world. The topic for the meeting was "Dealing with Stress" - next month is "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children with Cancer and in their Caregivers" - we'll get to take a test to see if we may have PTSD...hmmm...wouldn't it make more sense to have a test to see who *doesn't* have PTSD from a cancer diagnosis?

Anyhow, Alex has two Chemo appointments this week: Monday, a Lumbar Puncture, and Tuesday, the wonderful PEG shots in his thighs. Alex is such an amazing boy, I know that he will be such a brave boy for both appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment