Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mommy, I Love You

Tonight, Alex walked up to me, and said:
"Mommy, I love you...The doctors are making...I'm feeling much better"

Wow, that just took my breath away. He is so in tune to both Eric and me.

See, earlier today, I took Alex to school. I had his preschool Parent/Teacher conference, and as soon as I sat down, I started crying. I pretty much cried for the full 1/2 hour conference. His teacher said great things about Alex - and I just lost it! I'm sure I scared the next parent who was waiting to have her conference, as I walked out all red-eyed, runny-nosed, and puffy.

I got a cup of coffee, and composed myself before picking Alex up from school early for his doctors appointment.

Whew, we really have an amazing son!

5 comments:

  1. And your amazing son has amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A child's love can be seen as a reflection of the parents love.
    Great job Eric and Sara...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heartedly support the two comments before mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost count of how many times I have expressed how amazing you and Eric are and Alex just confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've said this before, but I remain in awe of your strength. You guys have remained "you" and have kept a semblance of normalcy through all of this. Your sense of humor, your love for one another, and your care and concern for your friends have remained intact...and I think that speaks volumes about you. You have two amazing kids, and you guys are amazing parents (and you're one of the best friends I've ever had).

    ReplyDelete