Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tired Alex

The Chemo is doing it's "thing", and Alex is tired, and not eating much. He's napping now - falling asleep in the car with Eric after a trip to Home Depot. Eric said he sat in the shopping cart the whole time. Those of you who know Alex understand how bad he must be feeling to not want to stroll up and down the aisles at his favorite store looking for forklifts.

I'm so grateful that he got a big play date with so many of his friends while he was still feeling good. The doctors said his counts shouldn't drop for a few more weeks, and he isn't getting another dose of Chemo until this Friday. Hopefully, he will feel better soon. In the meantime, if you see him, give him a big smile - he'll return the favor...

2 comments:

  1. I love the updated picture. He is beautiful. My thoughts are often with you. I don't know if you and Eric give yourselves enough credit for your incredible strength. My very best regards.
    Ann Adair, Martinez, Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I just wanted you to know that I think of you so often. Our family prays for you...I wish you could hear my children's prayers for Alex. What a precious picture you have currently posted. I read your blog and your facebook statuses...if only I lived closer to be able to help you. May God continue to give you the strength and courage you need. When I think of you I always picture your big, beautiful smile, and I know that even in the midst of your heartache right now, you are surely an inspiration to all who know you. With love, Jamie Bahr, Santa Clarita, CA

    ReplyDelete