Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to the Hospital

Alrighty...we are back at the ED tonight - Alex is getting admitted...

This morning was great - no fever! Then...we were about to go to a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Support Group meeting, and Eric took Alex's temperature - guess what??? 100.4...so we called the doctor, and were told to come in.

We dropped Tessa-Lynn off at my Mom's house, and headed back up the hill.

Alex was dehydrated (he wouldn't drink much - I WAS trying), and his counts have dropped a lot since Friday. His ANC went from 6200 to 1300, and is dropping...his platelet counts and red blood cell count are low too, so they are going to do a blood and platelet transfusion (about 1am or so). We have a bed in room 1 in 10 South, which will be available at 11:30 tonight.

Hopefully, his numbers will look better in the morning, and we'll be discharged - but we won't be sure until tomorrow...

So, no school for Alex tomorrow - so frustrating! I was so excited to see him back with his friends. I know this is part of the "new normal" - but it stinks...no, it doesn't stink - it sucks - Cancer Sucks!

1 comment:

  1. We have been thinking about you guys. I bet that wheelchair ride was nice since you are exhausted. (grimace) I am so sorry this is happening again. I am speechless. I wish there was something I could say or do that would make all of this disappear. Good luck today and yell at the fever to go away!! May the force be with you, Alex.
    xoxoxoxox,
    T

    ReplyDelete