Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quiet Night

Eric was at home with Tessa-Lynn last night (watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - she giggled a lot). So, it was just me and Alex here at the hospital.

Alex didn't eat a whole lot of dinner - but an hour later scarfed down over 1/2 a bag of microwave popcorn (is there no better smell in the whole world?) - I helped him with the other half.

Then, his night nurse came in with Orange Gatorade (at 8:15!!!!), and an Orange Popsicle - I guess she thought if she had to be awake, so did her patients! Alex ate the whole Popsicle in seconds flat, and then proceeded to bounce off the walls for the next hour. He finally fell asleep (or I lost consciousness) at 9:45pm

He slept though the night, and didn't even move when the nurse came in to hook him up to the IV for his anti-biotic (just precautionary).

It's 7:30, and he is still asleep - I'm going to go grab some coffee. Eric should be back here about 9am...

No comments:

Post a Comment