Friday, January 23, 2009

Make A Wish

Wow - Alex, Eric, Tessa-Lynn and I are all going to Disney World! We don't have dates yet, since we have to schedule his trip with his doctors - we are thinking it will be sometime in November - not sure yet - but it will be fun!

It is a 6 day trip - and we will most likely be staying at Give Kids the World right next door to Disney World. As a Make a Wish child, Alex (and family) will move to the front of every line, so we'll get to do so much! He's excited about the trip, and so are we. As I get more details, I'll let you know.

If you have ever debated on which charity to send your money - Make A Wish foundation is FANTASTIC - although, I hope NONE of our family and friends ever have the opportunity to qualify for it...

5 comments:

  1. That's very exciting and I'm so glad you'll be able to get away and enjoy yourselves! They are an amazing organization. I hope that Alex only continues to have better and better days. Give him and yourself a big hug for me.
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Sarah! That's amazing! It will give Alex so much to look forward to- I'm so happy for you! I wish you were going because of different circumstances but I'm happy that you'll get to go as a family and know you'll have a wonderful time! We love you! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fantastic! I am glad that you all we be able to go to such a magical place and build great memories.

    Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How exciting!! And November will be a wonderful time to go down to Florida for a little sunshine. :-D I'm so glad you guys have the opportunity to do this; to have a little "escape" from the treatments, the hospital, etc. What a fun treat for Alex (and all of you!) to look forward to when the going gets tough!
    xoxo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were just at DisneyWorld last November! Hold out for Give Kids the World. It was the best part! Our trip overlapped into the week of Thanksgiving, and although you do get to go to the front of the lines, it was just so much more crowded that week. The great part about November is that Mickey and Minnie are decorating for Christmas and the park looks fantastic! Ooooo. You are going to have a great time. I'm soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete