Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fever Update

Alex slept through the night, and woke up at about 7:30 this morning. He was warm to the touch and shaky. I took his temperature, and it was 101.6 - ugh...

I called the doctor, and they said to try one more dose of Tylenol - and check his fever again after 6 hours (once the Tylenol has worn off). If he still has a fever at that time, they *may* want him to come in again - since the antibiotics they gave him last night in the ED only last 24 hours...

So, we are just watching, and hoping his body can fight off this fever, so we don't have to go to the ED again tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I just wanted you to know I think of you every day and read your blog entries every couple of days to check on Alex. I hope that you guys don't have to go back to the hospital today. I'm sending you all the love and good, healthy thoughts I can. We love you all-
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Sara - Strong positive vibes coming from Astoria. I'm so proud to be a part of Doernbeckers through Kiwanis - my entire Astoria/Warrenton Kiwanis club is pulling for you, Eric & Alex.

    ReplyDelete