Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Serious Deja Vu

Our room was ready about 11:45pm. The nurse brought a wheelchair, and I sat down with a sleeping Alex in my lap for the ride up to 10 South.

When we wheeled through the door, we went right back to room 1 - the same room we were in when Alex was diagnosed.

Alex woke up, and said "This is the room with the icky medicine?!?!" Ugh...

After about an hour of getting him hooked up, weighed, measured, etc. we were able to get a few hours of sleep (interrupted many times with the nurses checking on Alex and starting his blood transfusion (O+).

At 5:30 this morning, Alex had to go to the bathroom, and we've been up ever since. He is watching Disney Channel and Eric and I took out our laptops. The nurse stopped Alex's transfusion for 15 minutes, while they gave him another dose of Tylenol. She just took his temperature, and it's at 99.6.

I sure hope we get to come home today...

2 comments:

  1. You know, I have really stepped up my apheresis (blood platelet donation, for those who don't know) appointments in honor of Mr. Alex. I'm an O+ too! Go Alex!

    I hope you guys get to go home soon!
    Ruthy, Eric's co-worker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking of you every day... hoping you can go home today and that Alex is getting better. We love you all-
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete