Tuesday, May 17, 2011

At least the food is good...

Sigh...

Today, Alex was very tired. He slept most of the morning, and by noon, he was running a slight fever. By 3pm, he was getting close to the magic 100.4 degree number that warrants a trip to the hospital. Knowing that Alex's counts were zero on Friday, I packed a bag knowing we would most likely have to stay overnight.

With Eric's mom at the house, Tessa was in good hands. This isn't fair to Tessa either. She looses time with mom or dad, and misses her brother.

Alex had to remind me to slow down a few times on the way to the hospital. If I could get there by 4pm, we could be seen in the clinic, and not have to go to the Emergency Department. We just made it in time. The clinic was waiting for us, and had an antibiotic ready to go.

We were admitted to room 18, and we have been watching his temperature climb. At 101.9, the nurse gave him tylenol.

Blood cultures were taken, and we are waiting to see if anything grows. If the cultures are negative in the morning, they will move ahead with his chemo, and LP, which means no food after 7am, until after the procedure at 1pm. If the cultures are positive, everything is put on hold u til the infection is gone.

We ordered dinner, and Alex devoured his dinner. I was able to order enough, so that I could eat too. At least the food is good...

3 comments:

  1. Every ounce of good thoughts that I can muster are with all of you. I'm glad that he ate well, that is a good sign (I think, since eating is always a good sign, right?)

    You are all in my thoughts every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer Sucks.!.

    but I love you Alex .....

    Love
    Grammie Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!!!!! I hope his blood results are ok, and he can continue with the chemo!!! Our thoughts are with you guys!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete