Friday, May 27, 2011

Dear Tessa-Lynn

Dear Tessa-Lynn,

This morning, when your Daddy came into the hospital room, he told me that you were crying for me when you woke up. He told me that you said "I miss Mommy".

I want you to know that I miss you too, sweet-heart.

Today, at 12:30, your brother will be wheeled into an operating room to remove a piece of his lung that shouldn't be there. Mommy and Daddy are worried about this surgery, and need to be here for your brother. We want him to be able to come home as soon as possible so we can be a family together again. He misses you, and wants to see you soon too.

Tonight, I will come home and spend the evening with you. Tomorrow, the plan is to spend the day with you. What would you like to do? We could try to plant the garden (in between the rain showers), we could play in your room, we could read stories, we could go for a walk in the rain! Your choice, sweetie...whatever you want to do.

I want you to know how much Daddy and I love you, and how it hurts our hearts not to have you with us all the time. I know you are mad, you have every right to be. Cancer came back, and threw our lives into chaos again. You don't deserve that. None of us do.

I'm so proud of you! You are almost done with your first year of preschool. Your teacher loves you, and is very pleased with your progress this year. You are one smart cookie!

I can't wait to come home tonight, and give you a big hug, and see that amazing smile of yours! I can't wait to hear "Mommy!", and laugh with your contagious giggles!

Your Grandparents have been such a wonderful support - and so enjoy your feisty spirit! You bring joy to their lives, and we are so grateful that they are here to take such good care of you.

I'll see you tonight - save a big smile for me!

Love, Mommy

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely letter to a very lovely darling little girl..from a very lovely and special mommy about a lovely dear little boy, that happens to have a lovely strong father, and lovely supportive grandparents....(tears) through it all....so much LOVE. We are with you as you go through this day....BIG HUGS!! Sandi

    ReplyDelete