Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Change of Plans

The surgeons will be invading Alex's lung on Thursday. Chemo will happen tomorrow as originally planned.

Other news...Alex DOES have C.Diff, so we will be in isolation for the duration of our stay, or 10 days, whichever comes first.

I am home with my sweet Tessa, while Eric has some time with Alex tonight. Tomorrow, we will meet with the surgeons, and have a better idea of the scope of the surgery.

Just to reassure everyone, the doctors believe this is a fungal mass...not a cancerous tumor. Normally, a four to five week IV anti-fungal medication would be enough, however with Alex going towards transplant, the doctors want to make sure they get all types of infection out of his body.


We will know more about the risks vs. benefit of this surgery tomorrow. As for tonight, I will sleep in the bedroom next to our daughter, wishing we could all be together... Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you lots of love and letting you know you are all constantly in my thoughts. I wish there were more I could do. Thank you so much for keeping the blog updated...seems like I check here or your FB about 20 times a day just to see if there's any more news. Much love from all of us in the Mueller household! xo

    ReplyDelete