Monday, May 2, 2011

Port In

Alex has a cough...hell, we all do - we have had it for over 2 months...

While coming out of anesthesia, his poor body was coughing so hard, that even with his transfused platelets, he had tiny blood vessels burst in his face from the force of his cough.

The Port is in, and he is now resting comfortably, watching Scooby-Doo, and eating popcorn (his request...)

The chemo is starting in a few hours (probably between 7 and 8pm tonight). While I am anxious to get started, we are devastated at having to go down this path again...

4 comments:

  1. Sara,

    I am not sure what made me think of you today, but obviously there was a reason. I am so sorry to hear of this latest challenge for Alex and wish you and your family the most strength and healing I can imagine.

    You will be all be in my thoughts.

    Brenda Bonk (fellow NAFA volunteer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to all of you, Sara. We are heartbroken that you have to go through this again.
    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thinking of you ... Ellie is praying for Alex and you are in my thoughts and prays as well... much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and the entire Chicago sales team are sending positive energy, good thought and prayers (whatever works) your way. Let me know if there is anything we can do.
    I love you all.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete