Monday, May 2, 2011

Night Time

The sky is dark out, Eric has gone home to get some decent sleep. Alex is watching Scooby-Doo, while we wait for his first round of chemo to begin.

Two toxic poisons, both which would severally burn the skin, should it leak from his Port, will be pumped into Alex tonight. By tomorrow morning, Alex will have received: anti-nausea medicine, anti-anxiety medicine, Dexemethasone, Vincristine, Donorubicin, anti-uric acid medicine, anti-phosphorous medicine, antibiotics, whole blood, platelets, and a constant saline drip. He has also already had surgery, morphine, oxycodon, alabuterol, propofol, and other anesthesia medication.

My head is swimming, and it is hard to think clearly...I think I will go shut my eyes for a moment before the circus of chemo begins...

5 comments:

  1. :( Sending my love and wishing there were more I could do. I'm here if you need anything, even if it's just an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. xo (and extra big hugs for Alex, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad he's getting some rest. Try and get some too if you can! I'd offer to come visit, but we have runny noses and I am hoping it's spring allergies for Lincoln and myself. Any word on transplant? Let me know if you need anything. Huge hugs to all of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although no one should have to endure what Alex is going through please remember that you Sara, Alex, Tessa and Eric are loved so very much!
    Love and Hugs
    Grammie Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara
    I stayed up all night reading the last 3 years of your life... you have a fighter on your hands. And for you and Erik.. .the love between you is strong and just what Alex needs. Ask for help. Please text me and tell me where you are so I can come bring something this week. We took Tessa something but I want to bring Alex something. love and hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex and your family are in my prayers. It breaks my heart to hear you are going through this again.

    ReplyDelete