Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Power Breakfast

This morning, our nurse woke me up at six so that I could run down to the cafeteria to ensure Alex would have breakfast before they "cut him off" at seven.

With the sun shining through the hospital window, I dragged myself out of bed. After throwing on some clothes, I traversed the web of hallways to the cafeteria. Not knowing what Alex would want, since he was still sleeping, I decided to get some of everthing.

Using my elbows to navigate the elevators, I returned to the room with two full trays of food. Alex looked over the eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, buscuits, and yogurt, and decided on a sausage and egg buscuit, and pancakes. At seven on the dot, Alex told me "OK, I can't eat anymore".

I have put the trays of food away, and we have hunkered down to wait out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment